LOS ANGELES – An individual was discovered lifeless after firefighters extinguished a higher alarm hearth in an industrial constructing in Hollywood Thursday the place the daughter of tv persona Sharon Osbourne was inside with a producer.
Los Angeles Fireplace Division firefighters had been known as simply after 5:40 p.m. to 6600 Lexington Ave., between Highland Avenue and Vine Road, on stories of a hearth at a two-story concrete constructing, in accordance with the division’s Nicholas Prange.
Two folks had been evaluated on the scene for smoke inhalation, however declined to be taken to a hospital, Prange stated.
The hearth was extinguished in 51 minutes by 78 firefighters, stated LAFD Capt. Erik Scott.
The physique was discovered as firefighters searched the construction, Prange stated.
Scott stated the design of the studios made the firefighters’ job very difficult.
“There have been an abundance of small particular person recording studios contained in the constructing in order that made it very troublesome to navigate with zero visibility,” Scott stated. “Moreover, the studios had sound deadening with very thick partitions that actually held all the warmth in, making this a really intense firefight.”
Osbourne stated in an Instagram publish that her daughter Aimee and her producer escaped the hearth.
“They’re the fortunate two that made it out alive,” she wrote. “It’s totally heartbreaking that somebody misplaced their life Thursday on this hearth & we’re sending our prayers to this particular person & their household. What occurred Thursday was past horrific. I actually hope transferring ahead that buildings like this are higher regulated for hearth security.”
The title of the particular person discovered lifeless and precise method of demise weren’t instantly recognized.
The reason for the hearth was underneath investigation.