Cayman’s Management of Covid-19 (Journey) (No. 2) Rules, 2022 have been prolonged till June 30, 2022. They have been initially scheduled to run out on the finish of Might.
The laws, which initially got here into impact on April 8, eliminated the quarantine requirement for guests with vaccination certificates that might not be securely verified and who had not spent the prior 14 days in a rustic with a vaccination price over 60 per cent for the primary dose of an authorized vaccine.
Previous to the implementation of the April 8 regulation, sure guests have been required to quarantine upon arrival in Cayman regardless that they have been absolutely vaccinated. Those that had been vaccinated in international locations corresponding to Jamaica or Belize, with a vaccination price of lower than 60 per cent for the primary dose of an authorized vaccine was known as “discriminatory” because it was believed to have a “disproportionate influence on absolutely vaccinated travellers from poor international locations or international locations the place individuals had problem accessing the vaccine.” In impact, this class of absolutely vaccinated travellers needed to quarantine in Cayman whereas different absolutely vaccinated travellers have been topic to extra relaxed guidelines.
Underneath the prolonged laws, any vaccinated particular person could journey to the Cayman Islands with out being topic to quarantine on arrival in the event that they do the next:
- Full the pre-arrival take a look at
- Full a medical and journey questionnaire and bear a medical examination if a Customs and Border Management (CBC) Officer considers it needed
- Full and submit a journey declaration to Journey Cayman a minimum of 72 hours previous to departing
- Present proof of the journey declaration when requested to take action by a CBC Officer
Underneath the laws, visiting unaccompanied kids underneath the age of 12 years, even when unvaccinated, aren’t required to quarantine underneath sure circumstances.
Which means that an unaccompanied unvaccinated baby (underneath the age of 12 years) – who’s a Caymanian, resident, or particular person with shut ties- is just not required to quarantine on arrival within the Islands in the event that they intend to reside at a spot the place all different occupants, 12 years and over, are vaccinated.
Nevertheless, the unaccompanied unvaccinated baby might be required to quarantine in the event that they intend to reside in a spot the place an unvaccinated particular person over the age of 12 years can be residing. Unaccompanied unvaccinated vacationer customer kids are nonetheless not allowed to journey to the Cayman Islands.
Moreover, underneath this regulation, Authorities is not required to pay the prices of lodging at a quarantine facility or isolation until underneath the next circumstances:
- an individual who gives proof that the particular person is a pupil attending an academic establishment outdoors the Islands and is returning dwelling
- an individual who gives proof that the particular person’s journey was for the needs of presidency enterprise
- an individual who gives proof that the aim of the particular person’s journey was to symbolize the Islands in a sporting occasion as a part of a nationwide group
- an individual who gives a medical certificates signed by a medical practitioner that the particular person travelled abroad in an effort to acquire medical providers
- an individual who’s a mother or father, guardian or caregiver who gives proof that the particular person travelled abroad for the needs of taking the particular person’s baby, or a toddler within the particular person’s care to an abroad instructional establishment or symbolize the Islands in a sporting occasion as a part of a nationwide group; and
- an individual who gives proof that the particular person had accountability to take a toddler or an grownup abroad to acquire medical providers.
The laws have been applied with the intention of accelerating airline and customer site visitors at Owen Roberts Worldwide Airport by supporting extra household journey throughout the summer season.